We will all miss worshiping with our church family in our sanctuary on Christmas Eve this year. But we need not miss out on celebrating the birth of Jesus with our loved ones on this holy night. Here are some suggestions for ‘opening God’s gift’ to you this Christmas Eve.
- Gather together in one place and place a lighted candle (representing the presence of Jesus) where everyone can see it, perhaps along with a nativity set if you have one.
- Begin with a prayer such as the one below.
- Read the story of the birth of Jesus in Luke 2:1-20 from a modern version of the Bible, OR
- Visit the Oak Grove Facebook page at 6:00 pm CST for a live broadcast where I will read the GOOD NEWS of the Lord’s birth.
- Look for favorite Christmas hymns on YouTube and sing along. End with Silent Night. Our accompanist, Nick Spurrier has recorded Joy to the World and Silent Night for us. Just click on the links or copy/paste them in your browser.
Joy to the World
May God fill your heart and your home with the same joy the shepherds experienced on that holy night as you worship Jesus.
Joy, hope, peace, and love to you all as we worship Jesus and look ahead to next Christmas Eve together in our sanctuary at Oak Grove!